Table of Contents
Key points need to consider for Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Edelweiss is one of the leading financial services companies in India. Edelweiss group provide a diversified wide range of financial service and products to the substantial client including individuals, corporations and financial institutions. Edelweiss’s products and services are used by many consumers, segmented across global geographies.
Edelweiss Demat and Trading Free Account Opening Link:
Edelweiss Demat and Trading account opening is a quick, easy and hassle-free process. Through these accounts, you get free access to one of the top trading platforms, experienced research team advice, stock recommendations and much more.
- Edelweissoffer a wide range of investment options to build a suitable portfolio based on your financial goals with competitive brokerage charges.
Edelweiss group has a sizeable presence in wide segments like Mutual Fund, equity investments, Life Insurance, Housing Finance, and Stock Brokerage.
Years of service of Edelweiss:
Edelweiss group started its financial operations in November 1995 and they have 10K+ employees to support the financial needs of the clients.
Current customer count:
Edelweiss had over 12 Lakhs + customers by the end of FY21.
Type of operation:
Edelweiss broking sector deals with two types of service.
- Discount brokerage: Edelweiss Lite
- Full Broker Service Brokerage plans: Edelweiss Elite
- Edelweiss Lite is ideal for traders who have basic knowledge of the share market.
- Fixed Flat brokerage rates of ₹10 per executed order for Equity and F&O, during buy and Sell.
- Lite plan will not have dedicated relationship manager assistance, however, you can avail of the service by paying as you use.
- Ideal for new clients in the investment sector. Clients will get complimentary value-added services like stock recommendations, Free calls and a Trade facility.
- Brokerage in percentage of trade value/slab based pricing.
- The company will provide trade placement assistance and a dedicated relationship manager.
AMC and Brokerage Charges of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account will have separate charges for both plans. Edelweiss’s lite plan is much cheaper than most of the other discount brokers and Edelweiss Elite Plan offers competitive brokerage with respect to other full-service brokers.
Edelweiss Lite Plan:
- AMC (Annual Maintenance) charge is free for the first year.
- Second-year onwards, Rs. 300 + tax per year.
- The brokerage of Rs 10 per executed trade.
Edelweiss Elite Plan:
- AMC (Annual maintenance) charge is free for the first year.
- Second-year onwards, Rs. 500 + tax per year.
- Edelweiss Elite Plan, brokerage is 0.30% for delivery, 0.03% for equity intraday & futures trade and Rs 75 per lot for equity options.
|Brokerage Plans||Edelweiss Lite||Edelweiss Elite|
|Equity Delivery||₹10.000 / executed order||0.300%|
|Equity Intraday||₹10.000 / executed order||0.030%|
|Equity Futures||₹10.000 / executed order||0.030%|
|Equity Options||₹10.000 / executed order||₹75.000 / lot|
|CUR Futures||₹10.000 / executed order||0.020%|
|CUR Options||₹10.000 / executed order||₹20.000 / lot|
How to check current brokerage charges in Edelweiss?
The above-mentioned charges may change from time to time, data may not be updated day to day base. Follow the below step to check the current Edelweiss Brokerage Charges.
Step 1: Log in to your Edelweiss account on the website or mobile app
Step 2: Go to ‘Profile Image’ in the right top corner and click on the ‘See Profile’ link.
Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom of the page up to the ‘Rates and Fees’ menu in the section.
Step 4: In this, you can check your current brokerage plan.
- Note: If you would like to switch your brokerage plan, you may please contact customer care or your RM.
Mobile application of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
The mobile application of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account is very easy to use and it includes the following prime features. It is one of the ultimate stock trading apps which is free to download.
- Easy options to invest in upcoming IPOs.
- Technical Charting and trend tracking tools.
- Customize the market watch with alert options.
- Live share market news.
- EasyFund Transfer methods.
Edelweiss offer a stock recommendation as common in other brokers. As Edelweiss is one of the leading financial service providers they will offer much more financial advisory services to their clients.
Demat Account Opening Charges and other Features of Edelweiss Securities:
Edelweiss Demat and trading account opening is free of charge. Following are the other features which offer to the clients.
Investors in Edelwise Demat can transfer holdings through a delivery instruction slip (required for executing a transaction smoothly).
Freezing of your Account:
Edelweiss Demat account holders can freeze accounts for a certain period, to prevent unexpected credit or debit into one’s Demat account.
If portfolio holding companies offer refunds, dividends, bonus issues, right shares, and stock split to their investors, these benefits are automatically credited to the account.
Edelweiss Account opening Documents Required:
To open an edelweiss Demat and trading account, you may please keep the following documents in hand ready.
- PAN Card (Mandatory Id proof)
- Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter Id/ Nrega Job card
Bank Account Proof:
- Signed cancel cheque leaf / Three months Bank Statement / Bank Passbook (Front-page).
Proof of Income:
Income proof is mandatory to trade in derivatives, any one of the following documents will meet the requirement.
- Latest 6 Months Bank Statement.
- Latest 3 Months Salary Slip
- Latest year return filling or Form 16.
As part of KYC Mandatory Id proof, you may use your PAN Card and Aadhar Card and for bank account proof, you may use a Bank statement.
Leverage & Margin of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
- Edelweiss trading account offers the leverage for Equity Intraday: 5X ( up to 20% of trade value)
Other segments as below:
- Equity Delivery leverage: 1x (100% of trade value)
- Equity F&O leverage: 1x (100% of NRML margin (Span + Exposure))
- Currency F&O leverage: 1x (100% of NRML margin (Span + Exposure))
- Commodity F&O leverage: 1x (100% of NRML margin (Span + Exposure))
DP & Other charges of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Like any other broker and additionally a fee is charged for moving stock from your Demat account to another account as inter-settlement charges.
- The Demat debit transaction charge is Rs 15 per transaction (instruction of sell order).
Auto square off time / Market closing timing and any associated charges:
One of the prime features of the Edelweiss trading account compared to other brokers is higher auto square off time.
- All the open positions on Intraday will be active still 3:30 pm (Market shutdowns).
Mutual fund & SIP charges:
For investing in mutual funds edelweiss account opening charges is free, there will not be any additional charges for Mutual funds and SIP. The AMC is free for the first year.
For regular mutual funds like any other broker Edelweiss will charge a 1.5% to 2% commission. Rs. 500 is the minimum amount required for starting a SIP.
Customer care support of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Edelweiss will have dedicated customer care works 24*7 in all most all regional languages.
- 1800-102-3335 (8:30 AM – 5:30 PM)
Account closing charges of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Account closing formalities of edelweiss are free of cost and the process is easy to follow.
USP of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account Demat and Trading App:
- Highly skilled tech-support availability for 24×7.
- Trade with Rs. 10 brokerages.
- User-friendly platform for traders in the 18- 40 years of age group.
- Modern age platform.
- Smooth account opening process.
- Operational videos are available on the website.
Refer and Earn of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Refer and earn a voucher of 500/- per referral will be available for the clients.
Tutorials of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
All most all video needed for new investors like investment options, account opening, Fund transfer etc is available on the website of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account.
Account Opening Tutorial:
Account Opening process of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account:
Here is a step by step process for opening a Demat and Trading Account with Edelweiss. Just follow these simple steps one by one.
Step 1: Keep Ready the following documents.
- BANK DETAILS/ STATEMENT
- EMAIL ID
- Signature on White background
Step 2: Click the below account opening page:
Free Account Opening Link of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account :
Step 3: Basic Details:
Enter your First Name, Last Name, City, Email ID, and Mobile No in the respective field. Click on Verify Button and you will receive an OTP in the registered Mobile number enter it in the portal.
Step 4: Mobile Number verification:
Enter the OTP received on your Mobile and press Proceed. You will reach the next page.
Step 5: PAN details:
Enter Your PAN card number and Date of Birth.
You need to confirm by “Yes / No / Not Sure” that your number is linked with your Aadhar Card. Then Press proceed to the next page.
Note: It is better to use the Aadhar linked mobile number for hassle-free account opening. You can open it even if the number is not linked.
Step 6: E-Mail ID:
Enter the OTP received in the Email ID and Press Proceed to go to the next page.
Step 7: Secondary Details:
Now you need to fill in the following secondary details about yourself in the respective column.
- Marital Status:
- Father / Spouse Name:
- Mother Name:
- Professional Details: Need to select the Educational qualification & Your Occupation.
- Annual income and Networth:
- Place of Birth:
- Settlement Period: Monthly / Quarterly
- Nominee Details:
Once you fill in the details press the submit button to proceed to the next page.
Step 8: Bank Details:
Need to fill in your bank details, the following are the mandatory field need to cover.
- Account number.
- IFSC code.
- MICR code of your bank (You can get it from the web by searching the IFSC code of your bank)
Press “Save bank Details” to proceed to the next step.
Step 9: Plan Selection:
You will get the options of the different plans which edelweiss offers.
- Edelwiess Lite plan
- Edelwiess Elite plan.
You can select a suitable plan. Then select the segments like equity, commodity etc which you need ( You can select all the segments if you need them).
Select the income proof : ( Salary Slip, Form 16, ITR, Bank Statement etc) and upload the respective file from your system.
Tick the check box of terms and conditions and submit the form to proceed to the next step.
Step 10: Additional Profile Information:
Following additional market experience information need to fill to analyze the clients for better support.
- Your market Experience.
- Your investment Behaviour.
- Your Risk Behaviour.
- Your current portfolio.
- Your investment preference.
Select the suitable options as per your wish to disclose the details. Once you selected press the submit button to proceed to the next step.
Step 11: Verify Personal Documents
Now your IPV (In-person Verification) process will start.
- You need to allow the camera( Option will be available at bottom of your screen) to take your photo. The system will capture your image once it is allowed. Press upload now.
- Then you need to upload your PAN card in a .pdf file.
- Upload your bank account proof ( Cancel Check leaf, bank statement etc).
- The signature needs to upload ( better to sign with black ink on white paper) which is similar to the signature on your bank.
You can also share these documents over the Watts-up to the Edelweiss. To make the process easy, it is ideal to upload the documents directly.
Once all the documents are uploaded press the submit button to proceed to the next step.
Step 12: E- Sign process:
You will receive a message stating that “Your document verification is in process”. This process may take about 30 minutes of time on working days. You can check the list of documents uploaded for the edelweiss team verification.
You will get a message once the verification process is over.
Step 13: Press E-Sign and then press the continue button.
If any documents are rejected, they will notify in the list. You need to submit the new document. Then press the submit button or you can share these documents over watts-up.
Eg: If the signature is rejected, need to upload a new signature to continue.
Once all the documents are verified, you will get a message / Watts-up with all the details.
Once all the documents are verified. You will get a message stating you are ready to e-sign and also you will get a mail with the Form Number in it.
Press the E-Sign button at the bottom to proceed.
Step 14: Verify your identification address from the AADHAR card by checking on the consent box to authenticate the Aadhar verification. Enter the Aadhar card number in the Digilocker verification portal.
You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and click allow to proceed. Wait still the KYC process is verified and completed, it may take about a Minuit of time.
- Once the E-verification is completed, you will get a message stating that “Congratulation E-Sign verification Successful”.
Press the complete account opening button on the bottom to proceed further. You will get a message stating “ Account opening Completed”
Step 15: After the post verification, your account has been opened and you will get your client ID and Password on your registered mail ID. This process may take about 1 to 2 days.
Step 16: Download the Edelweiss Mobile App from the play store and log in to the app using the received ID in the welcome mail.
Step 17: Start investing /trading and make money.
Fund Transfer to Edelweiss Trading Account and Withdrawal:
The process to Deposit funds from the Edelweiss account:
Once your account is opened you can add funds to your Edelweiss account instantly by using any of the following ways:
Internet Banking: Direct online banking from your bank account registered.
UPI: By using your UPI ID from any app like Google Pay/BHIM/PayTM etc.
eCollect: By adding the Edelweiss trading account as your bank account beneficiary and by doing an NEFT/RTGS transfer.
Via Cheque/ DD: You can deposit money Via Cheque/ DD, however, this process will be time consuming based on your bank.
The process to withdraw funds from the Edelweiss account:
The fund can be withdrawn to your liked bank account directly.
The withdrawal request will be processed in a batch by the edelweiss back-end team; In the first half from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. all the active requests will process and in the afternoon 1 p.m. till 3:30 p.m remaining will process.
- Any new withdrawal request post 3:30 p.m. will be processed on the next working day first half.
Edelweiss Lite Plan is a basic plan that is ideal for an expert trader as it helps to reduce overall brokerage costs. For new users, it is ideal to start with Edelweiss Elite plan, (which is a premium plan) with a dedicated relationship manager and complimentary value-added services like free call and trade facility, zero charges for auto square-off feature etc.
- Once you get familiar with the account you can switch to the Lite plan to reduce the cost.
Check the below link to check about other brokers like Angelone, Upstox, ICICI Direct, IIFL, Aditya Birla Securities etc.
Thanks & Regards.
Free Account Opening Link of Edelweiss Demat and Trading Account :
Other Brokers :