The secret behind every successful individual is good and effective communication, which is now considered as a current time crucial skill.
For success in a career, every employee should be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers. But, many people struggle to communicate effectively, because of many factors like a foreign language, people’s limited time and attention, medium and distance, culture, topic difficulties to communicate, etc.
- The biggest challenge in communication is when someone communicated, the original message did not get through the other person, in the way the communicator means.
Successful communication to anyone is a skill that everyone can learn from others, self-practice, or with the help of effective communication skills and personality development books.
Here we are listed 7 selected books to improve communication skills from the following authors, which are selected on the basis of recommendations from many experts.
- Thomas Erikson.
- Shelle Rose Charvet.
- Frank Luntz.
- Dr. MarkGoulston
- Andrew Sobel, Jerold Panas, and Jerry.
- Leil Lowndes.
- Dale Carnegie.
These top books to improve communication skills will help the readers to overcome the challenges in communication and understand the science of effective communication that matters to anyone in any situation.
BOOK 1: Surrounded by Idiots
Thomas Erikson is a Swedish, active lecturer, behavioral expert, and bestselling author. For more than fifteen years he is delivering lectures and seminars in Swedish and English to managers and executives in many countries.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wDp9ER
Surrounded by Idiots by Thomas Erikson, is one of the best books to develop communication skills, which offers a simple method for assessing the personalities of people around us to communicate with and provides insights on how we can adjust the way we frame, speak and share information for effective communication.
This book is written on the basis of his dedication to understanding people and meeting with a highly successful entrepreneur, on the subject of why we often struggle to connect with certain types of people.
Do you ever think, after a communication with your colleague or friends, you’re the only one making any sense? This book is an ideal solution for you.
- Erikson’s book will help you understand yourself better, develop social skills, handle conflict with confidence, improve communication with your colleagues and get the best out of the people you deal with.
- This Thomas Erikson surrounded by idiots book shares simple tricks on improving written communication, body language, advice on when to push and back away, and when to shut up and speak up for effective communication.
Thomas Erikson’s communication skill development book, Surrounded by Idiots will help you understand those around you, even people you currently think are not willing to lesson and communicate effectively.
BOOK 2: Words That Change Minds
Shelle Rose Charvet is an international expert on Influencing Language. Shelle has been teaching for over 35 years in enhancing rapport, credibility, trust, and influence.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2TSXHEM
Shelle Rose Charvet’s communication skill development, “Words that change minds” book, is an answer to the following challenges.
- How to influence people, without being manipulative?
- How people get motivated, make decisions, and persuasive with everyone?
- How to use the right words to the right people, to get through the “Communication Wall”?
And if you want to communicate effectively with that person, you need to use phrases, words, and behavior that exactly fit the other person. Shelle Rose Charvet shows you how to match your language to people around you and make the effective communication.
In the bestselling communication motivational book, Words That Change Minds, you will learn:
- Discover the ways people get motivated, process the information, and make the decision.
- Easily Decode any communication problem and solve it effectively.
- Create strong rapport and credibility with anyone, who you need to communicate.
- Get practical applications for sales and marketing, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Increase your interpersonal communication skill.
Words That Change Minds is based on the behavior profile, and you will learn how to directly influence people one-on-one.
BOOK 3: Words That Work
Frank Luntz is the American most respected communication professional. Frank Luntz lives in Alexandria, VA. Frank Luntz used his knowledge of words to help many fortune 500 companies to grow exponentially.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3qkbxw0
Through this communication skill development book “Words That Work”, Frank Luntz, shares his wisdom on how the words and phrases we choose can change the course of business, life, and business plan of many people.
In the book, we can learn the following essentials for effective communication.
- The 21 Words and Phrases for the 21st Century.
- The 10 golden rules of Successful Communication.
This Frank Luntz best books to improve communication skills, “Words that Work” help you to learn, how to talk in your way out of a traffic ticket or talk your way in critical situations and handling difficult peoples, through your effective communication skill.
Dr. Mark Goulston is the inventor of Surgical Empathy. He is the co-author of many books and teaches, coaches, and meandered many CEO globally. He also went on to train police hostage negotiators and the FBI. Mark Goulston is a passionate social activist and he focuses on empowering the African American community.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gHrg3I
The book Just listens, helps you to deal with a stressed-out client, a harried colleague, or an insecure spouse effectively. During communication, if you can’t break through emotional barricades and get a message thoroughly communicated and registered into the mind of the other person, things will go from bad to worse.
- Mark Goulston’s book shares simple and powerful techniques, that readers can use to break through the stubborn and hardened outer layers of friends, colleagues, strangers, or even enemies.
- Just listen discover the secret to getting through reveals how we can make a positive and powerful first impression by Listen effectively.
While Talk to an angry or aggressive person or whether you’re dealing with an angry client, or even a friend or family member, a potential customer, who isn’t listening to you, then your goal is persuasion. What we can do about it?
The first make-or-break step to getting the communication effective is having them hear from you. The invaluable principles and messages in the just listen to book will get you through that first tough step with anyone and make the entire communication effective.
Andrew Sobel is an author and had the leading authority on client relationships. Andrew helps companies, clients, and individuals to build a life.
Jerold Panas is one of the world’s top consultants in philanthropy. He is the CEO of the largest consulting firm for advising nonprofit organizations and foundations on fundraising, Jerold Panas, Linzy & Partners.
Jerry is the author and He works directly with CEOs, boards, and professionals around the world.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3xzd2Zp
The best communication book for leaders, Power Questions helps to Build Relationships, Win New Business, Influence Others, and make an immediate connection with anyone and it is the book of beautiful questions. In addition, Power Questions sets out a series of strategic questions that help dramatically deepen your professional and personal relationships.
- Power Questionshelps in rapidly determine if a client is ready to buy.
This best book to improve communication skills showcases thirty-five riveting, real conversations with CEOs, clients, billionaires, friends, and colleagues. Each story explains the extraordinary impact of a thought-provoking, incisive power question on others.
To help readers navigate a variety of professional challenges, the author summarized, the power of positive team discussion questions and other general questions at the end of the book. In Power Questions you’ll discover the following:
- The question helps to stop an angry executive in his tracks.
- The question that can transform a friend or colleague’s life.
- The sales question CEOs want you to ask.
- The question can refocus any meeting radically.
When you use power questions, you drive to the true heart of the issue every time. Power questions help to magnify your personal influence and create intimate connections with others.
Leil Lowndes is an international American communications expert. Her knowledge about communication is drawn from her experiences in her life at various stages. Her work has been helping readers to get the simple tools for instant success, make anyone fall in love with you, and proven techniques for Success.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gMV4fl
What is need to become a master communicator and succeed in life?
Many successful people will chat confidently at parties and being listened to in business meetings. Their ability of skillful way of communicating with other people makes them successful, even if they are not smarter than you or even better looking.
Leil Lowndes’s best communication skill book How to Talk to Anyone reveals the secrets of successful communication with ninety-two easy and effective techniques which will guide you to know how to talk to anyone anytime anywhere.
- The techniques in these best books to improve communication skills, help you will discover how to become a master communicator in life, business, and love.
How to Talk to Anyone shows you:
- How to make an unforgettable entrance to meet the people.
- Sound like an insider in any crowd of little common.
- Effective use of body language to captivate audiences.
- Work successfully in a party, in the way a politician works a room
This business communication skills development book helps you to come across as charismatic, confident, and credible wherever you are. How to talk to anyone 92 little tricks list help to communicate effectively with anyone confidently.
Dale Carnegie bone in 1888, in Maryville, Missouri. Dale Carnegie was a famed American author, who developed numerous courses on interpersonal skills, public speaking, and communication skill development. Dale Carnegie embarked on his public speaking journey from a very early young age.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3vIAkLl
The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking by Dale Carnegie help the readers to become pro speakers and it is one of the best books to improve communication skill. The book is organized in a step-by-step guiding manner, which enhances the confidence in effective communication skills of the readers.
- The content in the book helps anyone to easily converse with people and make them understand clearly their viewpoints.
- Through this book, the convincing power of the readers will increase and they can make others alter their respective viewpoints to match the reader.
- Some of the very handy and useful tips, in this book, help its readers, to develop effective communication skills with regular practice and it will be impressive to listeners.
The Dale Carnegie the quick and easy way to effective speaking book has 5 separate broad categories, which are listed under:
- Fundamentals of effective Speaking skill
- Speech skill enhancement.
- Speaker and Audience.
- The Art of Communicating
- The Challenges of Effective
All the above sections help the readers to transform them into professional speakers.
This guidebook is the right pick for students and professionals, who wants to improve their communication skills to a professional level.
There is plenty of advice in the above-listed books to become a better communicator. Without a doubt, these books help the readers to deliver the right message, at the right time in the right way, to anyone around us.
Which one is your favorite and best communication skill book or social skills development book listed below?
- Surrounded by Idiots by Thomas Erikson.
- Words that change minds by Shelle Rose Charvet.
- Words That Work by Frank Luntz.
- Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone by Mark Goulston
- Power Questions: Build Relationships, Win New Business, and Influence Others by Andrew Sobel, Jerold Panas, and Jerry.
- How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Leil Lowndes.
- The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking by Dale Carnegie.
Even though there are so many great books to choose from, if you are picking one from the above list to start with, we can confidently say, you are on the right track of your personal development through communication skill enhancement.
If you enjoyed this article and think the above list of communication skill development books is valuable to read, please communicate it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook, Twitter, or any other media.
If you would like to improve your professional skill we recommend reading the 7 best professional development books.
To improve your public speaking skill, we recommend reading the 7 best public speaking skill development books
To get motivated, we recommend the 7 best motivational books
Also, let us know through the below comments if you recommend any other book to add to the top list.
Thanks & Regards