Best Business plan books help entrepreneurs to set up the proper framework for their ideas, to a well-thought-out business, and attract investors.
Preparing a business plan from scratch looks too complicated for newbie entrepreneurs as it requires learning, how to make your business case, a lot of statistical analysis, and market research for new products and services. A well-structured business plan is the base of every successful business and helps to stay competitive in the market.
To get started, it is ideal to spend some time learning, how to make and what all factors need to consider to make a perfect business plan even for an affiliate marketing business. The best Business plan books are the prime source of learning about the business plans and it will be a worthy investment to buy a book for building a perfect business.
Here are the 7 best business plan books which help you to start your entrepreneurial journey. You can buy 1 or 2 books from the list using the respective link to Amazon and understand how to structure your idea into a perfect business plan.
Below listed are the best-selling authors who contributed to this list.
- Rhonda Abrams.
- Mike McKeever.
- Hal Shelton.
- Joe Covello and Brian Hazelgren.
- Guy Kawasaki
- Tim Berry
- Jim Horan
These best business plan books are the most recommended in online portals and affordable to start learning and get your idea off the ground.
Rhonda Abrams is an entrepreneur, author, and widely recognized as a leading expert on entrepreneurship. Rhonda’s column “Small Business Strategies,” is one of the most widely distributed columns in the United States and she has written more than a dozen entrepreneurship books.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3xBGEFs
The Business plan book, Successful Business Plan by Rhonda Abrams helps entrepreneurs to quickly start the process of a simple business plan, and it contains tips for impressing fund houses, winning over the competitions, and more.
- This Book guide entrepreneurs with the step-by-step method of formatting, Researching and Writing a perfect business plan to get funding from the investors.
This book is used in many top business schools and Hundreds of thousands of new entrepreneurs to launch their businesses. This book is considered as one of the top ten books need to refer to for small businesses.
The revised and updated version of the Successful Business Plan reveals the Secrets & Strategies needed for the new business to grow.
BOOK 2: How to Write a Business Plan.
Mike McKeever has a Master’s in Economics from London and a post-graduate in financial analysis from the USC Business School. Mike used to take classes at numerous community colleges in small business management and entrepreneurship. Mike’s book features prominently in his Business Plan Workshop.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2SJKMVa
The best business plan Book, How to Write a Business Plan by Mike McKeever provides spreadsheets that help entrepreneurs to determine and forecast financial statements, cash in and outflow, sales revenue, and P&L of the business idea.
How to Write a Business Plan will help you in the following
- Start a business with a proper revenue plan which helps to avoid financial mistakes.
- How to write a perfect business plan for your idea.
- Raising money to expand your existing business.
- Help you to figure out, your business idea, will make money or not.
In How to Write a Business Plan all-in-one guide you’ll learn how to:
- Estimate operating expenses.
- Prepare proper cash flow.
- Forecasting of profit and loss.
- Determine assets, liabilities, and net worth.
- Help to find potential sources of financing for the business.
- How to present your plan professionally to lenders and investors.
In this book, you also get three sample business plans which can modify to use as per your idea. And also provide many new online resources and examples of successful business plans.
BOOK 3: The Secrets to Writing A Successful Business Plan: A pro shares a step-by-step guide to creating a plan that gets results.
Hal Shelton has more than 45 years of experience with many corporations and investment organizations. Through his books, he shared his experience and knowledge to help small businesses and new entrepreneurs. Hal completed a bachelor of science from Carnegie Mellon University, a Master’s degree in MBA from the University of Chicago, and he honors diploma from the University of Vienna.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gI1yNy
The best business plan book Secrets to Writing a Successful Business Plan by Hal Shelton opens entrepreneurs’ eyes to insider tips, Step-by-Step Guide, and techniques for writing a winning business plan and attaining funding.
This book providing a section on issues and challenges faced by early-stage companies and an easy-to-follow guide.
- Need of a business plan and the best style to follow.
- Step-by-step guidance for creating a proper business plan
- Proven strategies to attracting investors and obtaining bank loans
- Spend less time in writing your plan and more time setting up your business.
- How to create a business plan for nonprofit organizations.
This book help entrepreneurs to make sure that, they are heading in the right direction and help in finding suitable mentors and advisors to guide them on their ideas.
The Secrets to Writing a Successful Business Plan is packed with a wide range of knowledge, actionable advice, and real-life examples which help small business entrepreneurs.
Joe Covello is the founder of a professional firm specializing in business planning “The Covello Group”. His firm services in different industries like manufacturing, services, distribution, and retail in all ranges of business. Joe holds a Master of Business Administration from Dickinson University in Finance and a Bachelor of Arts Degree from William Paterson University in Accounting. This book is co-authored with Brian Hazelgren.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3cTd06Y
The Complete Book of Business Plans by Authors Brian Hazelgren and Joseph Covello is one of the bestselling business planning books of our time with Simple Steps to Writing Powerful Business Plans.
This book will provide
- More than a dozen of brand-new business plans.
- Ideas to attract investors to finance your business.
- What questions to ask yourself and how to finalize a perfect business plan.
- How to get started your business and run it.
For entrepreneurs to start the business or to bring their business to the next level, The Complete Book of Business Plans is the best reference they need.
Guy Kawasaki was the previous chief evangelist of Apple, who worked on the Macintosh team during the 1980s. He is a well know author of twelve books, a Venture capitalist, and a Startup founder. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and holds MBA from UCLA.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3gFFEuH
The Art of the Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki is a classic bestselling time-tested guide to launching a new product, service, idea, or anyone to starting anything.
This book points out the fact that,
- Today, the old modes of business plans are no longer necessary as social media can be the key method of promotion.
- Cloud computing around makes basic infrastructure needed for new business affordable for almost any new venture.
The Art of the Start 2.0 will teach entrepreneurs to use effectively these new tools. This book help entrepreneurs in mastering the not changed following fundamental challenges:
- Building a strong team.
- Creating an awesome product or service.
- Facing down the competitors.
This book reflects the successes and failures of the author Kawasaki’s along with his generous wisdom, tips, and humor. Whether you’re are entrepreneur, or own a business, this book will help you make your ideas into a professional business.
Tim Berry is the founder of Palo Alto Software, the country’s bestselling business plan software. He is a popular blogger and speaker and written many books on business planning.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3vH99R0
One of the best business plan books, The Plan-As-You-Go Business Plan provides adequate guidance for every stage of business and every situation. This book guide entrepreneurs to plan literally as they go and ultimately steer their business ahead while saving time.
- Through this book, readers are trained to ignore the traditional, type of business plans and to focus on tailoring a business plan to their ideas.
Clear-cut instructions in this book help entrepreneurs to quickly build the business plan that works for their idea and it helps them to take total control of their business. These plans will help them to improve profits, raise capital, and stay ahead of their competition.
This business plan book is easy to understand and a comprehensive tool, which offers more than just the nuts and bolts of building a business plan. The author provides invaluable insight through real-life examples illustrating avoidable mistakes and key points that need to consider in the current time
BOOK 7: The One Page Business Plan for the Creative Entrepreneur: Start with a vision, build a company.
Jim Horan is a small business expert, consultant, experienced Fortune 500 executive, and speaker. Jim Horan has a unique ability to take complex business situations into a simple action plan. Jim’s books have been translated into many languages and sold around the world.
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3uW8yv9
The best business planning book The One Page Business Plan for the Creative Entrepreneur by Jim Horan provides The fastest, easiest way to finish the Business Plan.
The 3rd Edition of One Page Business Book includes the Entrepreneur’s ToolKit which includes the following.
- Interactive Budget Worksheets.
- Business plan templates.
- Sales Calculators and Sales process and Budgeting Tool.
- Scorecards and additional Bonus Tools.
The One Page Business Plan is an easy-to-use process that helps entrepreneurs to capture the vision and translate it into concrete business. This book is designed to act as a catalyst for entrepreneurs to build ideas into a business and manage it in the 21st century.
It’s short, The One Page Business Plan delivers your plan quickly and effectively.
If you want to get started on your business plan for your idea, check out one of your favored books from the list and start preparing. Below is a listing of recommended 7 best business plan books.
- Successful Business Plan by Rhonda Abrams.
- How to Write a Business Plan by Mike McKeever.
- The Secrets to Writing A Successful Business Plan by Hal Shelton.
- The Complete Book of Business Plans by Joe Covelloand Brian Hazelgren.
- Art of the Start 2.0 by Guy Kawasaki.
- The Plan-As-You-Go Business Plan by Tim Berry.
- The One Page Business Plan for the Creative Entrepreneur by Jim Horan.
We also recommend you to check the following list for strengthening your skills to develop your idea into a proper business.
- 7 best business motivation books.
- 7 best business strategy books.
- 7 best professional skill development books.
All these books will guide you through the step-by-step process to write out your plan and make sure that you’re ready to launch your idea into a successful business.
Thanks and Regards