7 BEST RF & MICROWAVE BOOKS THAT EVERY ENGINEER SHOULD READ:
Best RF & Microwave books collections are the prime source of information for RF and Microwave professionals in RF engineering.
- Information in these books helps the Students, Designers, Researchers, Professionals, and Practicing engineers.
We invite RF and Microwave professionals to check the website www.rfmwc.com – RF and Microwave Community for more information about the RF Products and Manufactures in RF and Microwave domain.
In this article, we will provide basic information and reviews on some of the best RF and microwave books that can help you in your RF and microwave career.
For Professionals, we recommend checking the below articles.
- 7 Best Radio Communication Books.
- 7 Best professional development books.
- 7 Best Communications skill development books.
If you would like to buy any of these books from Amazon, we provided the respective links of each RF and Microwave book recommendation, just below the list.
Book 1: RF and Microwave Engineering: Fundamentals of Wireless Communications:
Prof. Frank Gustrau, working as a professor at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Germany from 2003 onward. He started his career as an RF engineer in academia and RF and microwave industry. Throughout his career, Frank supervised students in project work and worked extensively with EM and RF circuit simulation tools.
More Books of Author: https://amzn.to/3vQWFYB
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Ck5fS4
This best RF and microwave book provides a practical introduction to RF and microwave engineering and its fundamental along with the physical aspects of wireless communication.
In this RF and microwave book, the author addresses a wide range of radio-frequency and microwave topics including,
- EM and voltage waves.
- Transmission lines.
- Passive RF circuits.
- Antennas and Radio wave propagation.
- Up-to-date RF design tools like RF circuit simulation, computerized smith charts, and EM simulation.
This book also shares design rules and working real-life examples and at the end of each chapter, a list of practical problems is given in order to deepen the reader’s RF and microwave understanding.
- Presents a wide range of RF and Microwave topics.
- Details of modern RF tools for RF engineering practice.
- Incorporates various RF designs and electromagnetic (EM) simulation software.
- Provides a list of practical problems at the end of each chapter.
This is an invaluable textbook for electrical, communication, and electronics engineering bachelor and master’s students on RF and microwave domains.
Book 2: Fundamentals of Microwave and RF Design:
Michael Steer is a Distinguished Professor of North Carolina State University in Electrical and Computer Engineering. He has a B.E. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Queensland. From the IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society, he received the 2010 Microwave Prize and the 2011 Distinguished Educator Awards.
More Books of Author: https://amzn.to/3GrqSCE
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3vNnk8G
The best RF and Microwave book, Fundamentals of Microwave and RF Design offers to students and professions the essential concepts required to create a successful career in Microwave and RF design.
- This book naturally describes the RF power flow and Smith-chart-based design procedures.
This RF and microwave design book’s emphasis is on the module level design and covers the whole range of RF and microwave functions available.
- A comprehensive series on Microwave and RF design.
- Open access ebook hosted by NC State University Libraries.
- 59 worked design examples.
- About24 exercises and answers per chapter.
- Emphasis on module-level RF design using microstrip technologies.
- Extensive treatment of design using Smith charts.
This RF and Microwave book is derived from a multi-volume Microwave and RF Design comprehensive books series covering volumes 1-5, with the emphasis on the fundamental materials required to gain entry to RF and microwave design.
Book 3: Microwave Engineering:
David Pozar works as a professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Dr. Pozar is a leading figure in Microwave and RF circuit design and owned numerous awards for his researches and teaching.
More Books of Author: https://amzn.to/3nCLuiJ
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3jI92kN
This best RF and Microwave book offers coverage of RF and microwave engineering concepts, with applications of microwave circuits and devices, starting from fundamental principles of electrical engineering.
- Microwave network analysis and Impedance matching.
- Microwave Oscillators, Amplifiers, and Mixer.
- Directional couplers, Hybrids, Microwave filters.
- Ferrite devices, Noise, Nonlinear effects.
This book covers the details of microwave and RF systems includes wireless communications, radiometry, radar, and radiation hazards.
For the reader’s understanding of the material, by the end of each chapter provide the number of examples in the RF and microwave domain.
Book 4:Microwave And RF Design:
Michael Steer is a Professor at North Carolina State University in Electrical and Computer Engineering. He received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Queensland in Electrical Engineering. He has authored about twelve books in RF and Microwave domain.
More Books of Author: https://amzn.to/2ZownAQ
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/318yklV
This Microwave and RF Design is the best to book for those who have even not specialized in RF and microwave design. Book provides extensive knowledge and helps in working with RF hardware systems. Book also covers a Comprehensive introduction to RF and microwave design concepts.
This book will cover,
- A strong emphasis on RF design concepts.
- Extensive practical design examples, primarily on cell phone systems.
- Main technologies encountered in RF and microwave engineering.
- Microstrip and planar circuit design.
This book can be used as a single course or can carry with the student through multiple courses in the microwave and RF design.
Book 5: RF Circuit Design Theory And Application:
Reinhold Ludwig is an Electrical & Computer Engineering professor at the University of Wuppertal. His research focus has been on electromagnetic and acoustic non-destructive evaluation (NDE). His research has resulted in a number of application-specific RF coils and resonators capable of obtaining up to 7T main field strength high-resolution images in systems.
More Books of Author: https://amzn.to/3nF7PMC
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Zsm1k0
RF Circuit Design Theory And Application is the best book that an engineer can’t miss to study which takes a circuits perspective approach to RF circuit design fundamentals.
This comprehensive and practical text covers.
- All important RF design concepts with a focus on methodology fundamentals.
- Covers theoretical concepts in detail.
- RF design tools such as the Smith Chart, S-parameter, dual-port networks.
This book provides extensive coverage of RF filter design, active and passive device modeling, matching networks, narrow and broadband amplifiers, mixers, and oscillators, etc.
Book 6: Handbook of RF, Microwave, and Millimeter-Wave Components:
This book is authored by Leonid Belov, Victor Kochemasov along Sergey Smolskiy.
Sergey M. Smolskiy had Ph.D. in Radio engineering and a Dr. Sc. in radar technology and working as a professor at the Moscow Power Engineering Institute, Russia.
Belov earned his Ph.D. in radio engineering and worked as a professor at the Moscow Power Engineering Institute.
Victor N. Kochemasov earned his Ph.D. in radio engineering and he is heading the Scientific Lab at the Moscow Technical University.
More Books of Author: https://amzn.to/3BqMsDC
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZnkafM
This unique and comprehensive RF and Microwave resource offers detailed treatment of the key parameters, operations principles, specific characteristics of active and passive RF, Microwave, and Millimeter-wave components.
The book covers, both linear and nonlinear components that are used in,
- Communications and information technology.
- Avionics, Aerospace, and military engineering.
This book helps both the professionals and students strengthen their RF and Microwave knowledge in RF design covering from laminates and substrates selection, to transmission lines and filters.
Book 7: Modern RF and Microwave Measurement Techniques:
Valeria Teppati is a Researcher in the Millimeter Wave Electronics Group of the Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at ETH Zurich. His work focus is on developing innovative solutions to aspects of non-linear and linear measurement techniques.
Andrea Ferrero is a distinguished Microwave Lecturer and Professor in the RF, Microwave, and Computational Electronics in the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications at Politecnico di Torino.
Mohamed Sayed has nearly 30 years experience of in developing RF, microwave, and millimeter-wave systems and working as a Principal Consultant for Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Solutions.
More Books of Authors: https://amzn.to/3BjN4uz
Buy from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3mm7TBr
This comprehensive, hands-on review best RF and Microwave book offers the most up-to-date techniques in RF and microwave measurement theory and metrology.
Topics covered include,
- Microwave instrumentation, such as real-time spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and microwave synthesizers;
- In-depth analysis of advanced modern methods, systems, and instrumentation.
- Linear measurements, such as noise figure measurements, VNA calibrations, time-domain reflectometry, and multiport measurements.
- Non-linear measurements, such as broadband signal measurements, load- and source-pull techniques, and non-linear NVAs.
- Practical advice for the researchers and professional RF and microwave engineers.
Each technique in this book is discussed in detail and accompanied by state-of-the-art solutions and covers the unique technical challenges associated with its use.
Even though there are many hundreds of RF and Microwave design books with titles RF and Microwave, available around the world, we short-listed these books on the basis of online reviews and recommendations from experts.
Here is a quick list of the 7 best RF and Microwave books listed in this blog.
- RF and Microwave Engineering: Fundamentals of Wireless Communications by Prof. Frank Gustrau.
- Fundamentals of Microwave and RF Design by Michael Steer.
- Microwave Engineering by David Pozar.
- Microwave And RF Design by Michael Steer.
- RF Circuit Design Theory And Application by Reinhold Ludwig.
- Handbook of RF, Microwave, and Millimeter-Wave Components by Leonid Belov, Victor Kochemasovalong with Sergey Smolskiy.
- Modern RF and Microwave Measurement Techniques by Valeria Teppati, Andrea Ferrero, and Mohamed Sayed.
If you would like to recommend any books to this list for the understanding of other RF and Microwave professions, we request you to comment below in the comment box.
Thanks & Regards